NCAAB betting is available in Arizona at licensed sportsbooks, either online or at physical locations, and can take many forms. As with any form of legal betting, it is important to understand the rules and regulations before placing a bet.
Some common NCAAB betting options include bets on the outcome of individual games, bets on the outcome of entire tournaments, and bets on specific events within a game, such as the number of points scored or the number of rebounds.
The Best NCAAB Sportsbooks in Arizona
Popular College Basketball Bets
The most popular and straightforward bet that you can make is a moneyline bet. This type of bet involves picking which team will win the game outright, regardless of the point spread. AZ sportsbooks usually display moneyline odds in hundreds (American format).
For example, there is an upcoming game between Arizona Wildcats and Indiana Hoosiers and the odds look like this:
- Arizona -150
- Indiana +130
In this instance, you would need to bet $150 on the Wildcats to win $100 (plus your stake), while betting $100 on the Hoosiers would return you a profit of $130 if they prevail.
NCAAB Point Spreads
Point spreads are bets in which the favorite needs to cover a certain number of points by winning by more than that amount, while the underdog can cover the same spread by either winning or losing by less than that amount.
For this type of bet, the point spread will typically be given in half-points so as to prevent a “push” (in which no one wins). The sportsbook may also add an alternate point spread for betting on the favorite or underdog.
For example, the point spread for Arizona Wildcats vs Indiana Hoosiers could be:
- Arizona -7.5
- Indiana +7.5
In this case:
- If you bet on the Wildcats to cover a 7.5-point spread, they would have to win by eight or more points in order for your bet to be successful.
- If you bet on the Hoososier, they could win or lose by up to seven points and your bet would still be considered a winner.
NCAAB Over/Under Bets
Over/under bets are wagering on the total number of points scored in a game. The sportsbook will set a number and you can choose whether or not the actual score will be higher or lower than that number.
For example, the over/under for Arizona Wildcats vs Indiana Hoosiers could be Over/Under 148.
In this case, you would need to determine whether the combined score of both teams will be more or less than 148 points. So, if Arizona wins 103-45, the total would come out to 148 and your bet would be considered a “push” (i.e., no one would win).
NCAAB Parlay Betting
Parlay betting allows you to combine multiple bets into one and receive bigger potential payouts. If all the individual wagers in the parlay are successful, then the bettor will win the total payout as determined by the sportsbook. Parlays usually consist of several games like this:
- UCLA vs. Stanford
- Gonzaga vs. Baylor
- Illinois vs. Maryland
In this example, you would need to pick a winner for each of these games. If all three of your predictions are correct, you will win the total parlay payout as determined by the sportsbook.
Are College Prop Bets Legal in AZ Sportsbooks?
While this limits the odds-based activities some Arizonans can get involved in, the state has taken a responsible approach to implementing a policy that protects both players and spectators from potential harm. This decision reaffirms the commitment of lawmakers in Arizona.
Tips for Betting on NCAAB Games
- Narrow Down Your Options: With so many teams in the NCAAB, it can be tricky to decide which team you should bet on. Do your research and narrow down your options.
- Pay Attention To Injury Reports: Keep an eye on injury reports and check the status of any injured players before you place a bet. Injuries can make all the difference when it comes to NCAAB betting.
- Follow the Line Movement: Pay attention to how the line is moving and try to get in on a bet before the odds change too much.
- Take Advantage of Bonuses: Many Arizona sportsbooks offer bonuses for NCAAB betting, especially during opening or when the March madness has begun. So be sure to take advantage of these offers whenever you can.
- Stay Disciplined: Stick to your betting strategy and don’t get too carried away with NCAAB bets. Have a budget in place and only bet what you can afford to lose.
Betting on college basketball games can be an exciting and rewarding experience if you take the time to understand the various types of bets available and follow a few tips. With this guide in mind, you should have all the basic information you need to get started with NCAAB betting in Arizona.
It is important to note that NCAAB betting is a form of gambling that carries inherent risks. It is important to gamble responsibly and to be aware of the potential risks and consequences. It is also important to note that sports betting in Arizona is only legal for people over the age of 21. In addition, NCAA rules prohibit student-athletes and others associated with college basketball programs from participating in these bettings.