When it comes to betting on sports, there are a variety of different options available to you. You can bet on the outcome of a game, who will win a particular matchup, or how many points will be scored.
Best Sportsbooks for Futures Betting in Arizona
What are Future Bets?
Futures bets fall under the umbrella of prop bets since they are based on future events. The most common type of future bet is a wager on who will win the championship, such as which team will win the Super Bowl or NBA Finals.
How Do Futures Bets Work?
Futures bets are fairly straightforward. You simply place your wager on a future event, such as which team will win a championship or make the playoffs. The sportsbook will usually set the odds even before the regular season begins and the odds could change drastically depending on new information released to the public.
For example, a team that is expected to do well may see their odds drop if they are having an exceptional season or if they acquire key players in the offseason. On the other hand, if a team is expected to do poorly but starts strong, their odds will likely increase.
Futures bets can be placed on individual games and athletes as well. For example, you may be able to bet on who will win MVP or Rookie of the Year in a particular sport. If your choice was right, then you will receive your winnings from the sportsbook. If it is wrong, then the sportsbook will simply keep your wager.
The amount of money that you can win from a futures bet depends on the odds and how much you wager. For example, if the odds are +200 (2/1) and you place a $100 wager, then you would win $200 if the team you bet on wins the championship.
Common Future Bets on Sportsbooks
Aside from wagering on which team will win a championship, there are other common futures bets that you can make on sportsbooks. These may be a bit overwhelming, but you may take your time before picking the right bet for you.
- Arizona Cardinals reaching the Super Bowl
- Conference in which the Super Bowl winner came
- NFC West Division winner
- AFC North Division winner
- NFL Offensive Player of the Year
- The player with the most passing years for the season
- The player to win rookie of the year
- Winning Team in the NBA Finals
- Team to win the Eastern Conference
- Pacific Division Winner
- NBA Coach of the Year
- NBA Defensive Player of the Year
- The player with the most three-pointers in a regular-season
- Will the Phoenix Suns make it to the playoffs?
- World Series Winner
- American League East winner
- Pacific League Central winner
- Rookie of the Year
- Golden Glove Award
- Player to have the most home runs for the season
- The player with the highest batting average
- Stanley Cup winner – can the Coyotes make it to the finals?
- Hart Memorial Trophy winner
- Division winner Team to make the playoffs
- Player to win the Conn Smythe trophy
- The Player with the most goals for the season
Tips Before Betting on Futures
- The first and most important step when betting on futures is to find an AZ licensed online sportsbook. Make sure that the sportsbook has a good reputation and offers competitive odds.
- Bet on sports you watch. It is best to bet on sports that you watch as it will help you make more informed decisions. This way, you can keep track of the teams and have an understanding of their strengths and weaknesses.
- Do your research. Before placing any wager, make sure you do your research to get an accurate picture of the team or player’s chances of winning. This means looking at stats, reading news articles, and talking to other bettors.
- Look for value. When placing futures bets, it is important to look for value in the odds. This means finding teams or players with odds that are higher than their chances of winning.
- Remember that odds change. Futures betting is a long-term investment and the odds are always changing. Make sure to keep an eye on the odds and adjust your bet accordingly.
- Keep track of your bets. It’s important to keep track of your bets so that you know how much money you are investing and which bets you have placed. This will also help you stay within your budget and manage your bankroll.
Notable Future Bet Win
If you are looking for inspiration about betting on futures, just look at how Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale bagged a total of $75 million, including the single-biggest payout in the history of legal sports betting – $30 million.
Jim “Mattress Mack” McIngvale is a businessman and big-time sports bettor from Houston, Texas. He owns and operates Gallery Furniture, a chain of furniture stores in the Houston area.
Before the MLB season started, Mattress Mack started placing bets that the Houston Astros will win the World Series. Since sports betting is still illegal in Texas, he flies to other states like Las Vegas, Iowa, and Louisiana.
His future bets include a $3 million wager with 10-to-1 odds, several $2 million wagers with 5-to-1 odds, and more. Fortunately, the risky betting on futures resulted in high rewards as he was able to secure massive winnings, just by betting on an event, months before it happen. As promised, he distributed 10 million of his winnings to Gallery Furniture customers who spent $3,000 or more.
However, take note that there is no guaranteed win in the future, while Mattress Mack, made history with his massive payouts, he also lost millions in betting, just like when he wagered $9.5 million for the Cincinnati Bengals to win the Super Bowl earlier this year.
Start Futures Betting Today
Futures betting can be a great way to have some fun and make some money, but it’s important to remember that it is not without risks. Before you start placing any bets, make sure to do your research and understand the different types of bets available.
Who can bet on Futures?
To have a legal bet on futures, you should first be registered in a retail or online sportsbook. This will require you to provide some of your personal information and verify your identity. The requirements will depend on the state where you are but usually include your name, address, and contact information.
Moreover, sports betting laws also set an age requirement which is usually 21 years old or above. Meaning, you will not be allowed to sign up for a sportsbook account if you are not of legal age.